Parking Lot Sales: Worth It?

Discussion in 'Sales & Specials' started by Ben, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Ben

Ben Administrator Staff Member

So, I had the opportunity to visit a Harbor Freight parking lot sale this past weekend. Got a few items for my car trunk basic tool bag, but I'm not really sure the savings were that great.

What's your experience? Found any great deals at a HF parking lot sale?

hfhacks-04.jpg

hfhacks-06.jpg
    hfhacks-07.jpg

2. rbstern

rbstern Administrator Staff Member

I rarely go to them. Might try the next one (starting tomorrow), if I am not too busy. I notice a lot of that markdown stuff in your pics ends up back in the store on the "scratch and dent" shelf, with the same discount tags still on them.

My nearest HF is about a 25 mile round trip. Since the web site offers $6.99 shipping on orders without any oversized items, and the coupons nearly always work online, it's hard to justify the gas and time spent going to and from the store, when I can order the same stuff for direct to home delivery.

But it's still fun to go. :)

3. Ben

Ben Administrator Staff Member

True. I was in the same boat location-wise, until one just opened a few weeks ago about ten miles from my house. I’m in trouble now... :D

Yeah looking around in the store today, it looks like a saved a dollar or two on each thing I bought. The tool bag is listed for $8.99 on the site and it cost me $4.00. I think I saw it in store today for $6.99. Anyway, yeah, probably not worth making a long drive for a parking lot sale, but worth stopping in if you pass one!

4. rbstern

rbstern Administrator Staff Member

You lucky s-o-b!

5. djb383

djb383 Member

Another lucky s-o-b......new HF opened January '19 <2 miles from the house.:)

Ben and rbstern like this.