Which Cordless Powertool Brand Is Better - Bauer Or Hercules

Discussion in 'HF Chat' started by tfe, May 30, 2020.

1. tfe

tfe New Member

Looking for opinions of durability, reliability, best use, longevity, etc.

Also, are the batteries between the two interchangeable - that is can the Bauer be used on the Hercules and vice-versa, can one type be used on the charger of the other?

Thanks to all?

2. rbstern

rbstern Administrator Staff Member

Batteries are not interchangable.

Hercules is the "pro" lineup. Bauer is the consumer level brand. I honestly don't know if Hercules is making headway with the pro crowd. Professional tradesman are tough nuts to crack. They use tools hard, and most swear by Dewalt, Milwaukee, Bosch, Hilti, Hitachi. You'll rarely see Ryobi or HF brands as primary tools in pro trade hands. I have seen them as secondary tools. For example, the trim carpenter who worked on my house a couple of years ago had a HF angle grinder. But it was an occassional use tool. His primary tools were Dewalt (corded saws, cordless tools) and Hitachi (nail gun).

3. tfe

tfe New Member

Thanks for the information. Although my home tools are not used in any professional capacity, I would like to buy something that will be dependable and ready to work for the occasional project that comes up around the house.

4. rbstern

In my opinion, Ryobi One+ is generally the right answer for homeowners and hobbyists. They are a very good balance of quality and affordability. I use my Ryobi stuff pretty hard; not pro use, but well beyond what most casual homeowners do, and they hold up well. The newer, brushless models are very powerful. The batteries are long-lived. The number of tools is mind-boggling and ever-growing. It's hard to beat the pricing, especially when they are on sale or have some type of bonus tool/battery promo going.

They're also class-leading in certain types of cordless tools. For example, the Ryobi Airstrike nailers and staplers. Nobody has anything as good as them, in any price range.

5. tfe

tfe New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I do have a Ryobi drill and circular saw which have given good service. Batteries still strong! I see that Ryobi is running specials on the One+ line. Might be worthwhile to check in to.

Thanks

6. tfe

tfe New Member

Well, my kids always amaze me! They know I've been considering getting some cordless power tools for this past year. Tonight, as I got home from work there they was my son and daughter sitting in the driveway. We got out of our cars and they said, "Dad, come around to the trunk." They opened the trunk and there sat a Ryobi One+ 6 Tool Combo Kit They bought for me. They told me that since I don't like to celebrate my birthday they decided to get me a gift not on my birthday. Blew me away! Guess I did a couple things right while they were growing up to make them think of old Dad once in a while.

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to read my question, and a special shout-out to rbstern who took the time to answer and explain to me the differences between the Bauer and Hercules line of tools.

7. rbstern

Sounds like a good son and daughter who love their dad!

Enjoy the new tools. Hope you'll post some of your projects and give us a review or two.